Last Modified: May 30, 2022
This Policy describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing your information through https://www.deficlimate.com/, https://www.dailyclimate.com (collectively our “Website”), our DefiClimate mobile application (our “App”) and related applications and platforms (collectively with the Website and App, the “Service” or “Services”).
A core element of our mission is our commitment to protect your personal information and to be transparent about the data we collect about you, how it is used, and with whom it is shared.
The Service is general audience and intended for users 18 and older. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone younger than age 18.
Information We Collect About You And How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from you and about users of our Services, such as basic contact information when you sign up for an account. Other types of information we collect is information related to how you use our platform, which helps us improve our Services.
Information You Provide to Us or Received by Us on Your Behalf
The categories of information we collect are:
- Personal Information: In the course of registering an account on our Website, filling out a contact form, and using our Services, we may require or otherwise collect information that identifies you as a specific individual and can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Examples of Personal Information we collect for these purposes include your: name and email address.
- Organizational Information: For corporations and other organizations that register on the Service, we collect information relating to your organization (“Organizational Information”). Examples of Organizational Information we collect for these purposes include organization name and contact details.
- Non-Identifying Information: We also may collect non-identifying or non-personal information, such as zip codes, demographic data, age, gender, time zone, publicly available data, and general information regarding your use of the Service (“Non-Identifying Information”).
- Payment Information: We may also collect your payment information, such as credit card, billing address, and other financial information necessary to purchase a subscription or otherwise use our Services. We do not retain Payment Information. Rather, Payment Information is processed via third-party platforms such as iTunes, Apple Pay, Google Play, PayPal, and Stripe.
- User Contributions: You may have the ability to interact with parts of our Service, such as the ability to provide public ratings or testimonials. Your feedback may be published or displayed on public areas of the Service, or transmitted to other users of the Service or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Service with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed or accessed by unauthorized persons. Use precaution when posting any personal information online. Please review our Terms of Service for more information about our user guidelines.
When you provide us with information in connection with a particular activity or otherwise sign up for or order our products and Services or provide your contact information to us, including your email address or telephone number in connection with that activity, product or service, you agree that such action constitutes a purchase or inquiry establishing a business relationship with us. You expressly consent to receiving communications from DefiClimate through the information you provided to us. For more information on how to access and control your communication preferences, please see YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION, below.
Information Collected Automatically
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, We and our third-party service providers, including analytics and third-party content providers, may automatically collect certain information from you whenever you access or interact with the Service.
- Usage Information. Details of your visits to our Website, including which links you clicked on, content response times, logs, and other similar communication data and statistics about your interactions.
- Device Information. Information about your computer and internet connection, including your Internet Protocol address, operating system, and browser type.
We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to deliver features of our Services to you, improve services we offer you, analytics, and site functionality.
Cookies and Other Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- Web Beacons: We and our operational partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may also employ software technology known as “web beacons” and/or “tracking tags” to help us keep track of what content on our Service is effective and to serve relevant advertising to you. Web beacons are small graphics with a unique identifier that may be invisible to you, and which are used to track the online activity of Internet users. Web beacons are embedded in the web pages you review or email messages you receive. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to our Service, to monitor how DefiClimate Users navigate the Service, to count how many emails that were sent were actually opened, or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
- Embedded Scripts: We and our operational partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may also employ software technology known as an Embedded Script. An Embedded Script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your computer or other device and is deactivated or deleted when you disconnect from the Service.
Information Received from Third Parties
We also may receive information about you from third parties. For example, we and our partners, affiliates and service providers may use a variety of other technologies (such as tags) that collect statistical data relating to your Website activity for security and fraud detection purposes.
When you connect with us through a third-party platform we may, depending on your privacy settings, receive some information from your third-party account, and what we collect depends on your privacy settings with that service.
You may register to join the Service directly via the Service or by logging into your account with a third-party service (“TPS”) via our Service (e.g., Facebook, Google, Apple, and other third party services that let you sign in using your existing credentials with those services). If you choose to register via a TPS, or to later link your account with the Service to your account with an TPS, we will use the Personal Information you have provided to the TPS (such as your name, email address, and other information you make available via the TPS) to create your account. Note that the information we collect from and through a TPS may depend on the privacy settings you have set with the TPS and the permissions you grant to us in connection with linking your account with the Service to your account with an TPS. Other than what we may share with the TPS as described below, the Personal Information a TPS has about you is obtained by the TPS independent of our Service, and DefiClimate is not responsible for it.
Do Not Track Signal
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide you with an Account.
- To deliver, provide, and process payment for a product or Service you have requested.
- To improve our Services.
- To address your inquiries.
- To tailor content we display to you and offer we may present to you, both on the Service and elsewhere online.
- To administer and develop our business relationship with you and, if applicable, the corporation or other legal entity you represent.
- To communicate and promote to you products, services, offers, and events offered by DefiClimate.
- To comply with legal requirements and assist law enforcement.
- To investigate fraud and to enforce our Terms of Service.
- To protect the property rights of DefiClimate or a third party.
- To protect the safety of the public or any person.
- To stop any activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, fraudulent, unethical or a legally actionable activity.
- To identify DefiClimate users.
- For the purposes disclosed at the time you provide your information, and
- As otherwise permitted with your consent.
To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal basis:
- Contractual Necessity: To provide you with the DefiClimate Service and perform the contract that you have with us.
- Legitimate Interests: It is in our legitimate interests to improve and analyze our Service, promote our products, prevent fraudulent transactions, maintain security of our Services, and provide functionality.
- Consent: In instances where we ask for consent, you may way withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us. Please see the Contact Us section or more information.
How We Disclose and Share Your Information
- With our service providers and network partners:
- We employ third party companies and individuals to provide Services on our behalf, to perform Service-related operations (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics, payment processing, fraud detection and improvement of DefiClimate’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties may have access to your Personal Information in order to perform these tasks on our behalf.
- For corporate transactions
- DefiClimate may share information, including Personal Information, with any current or future subsidiaries or affiliates, primarily for business and operational purposes. We may sell, transfer, or otherwise share some or all of our assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets (including, in each case, as part of the due-diligence process with any potential acquiring entity) or in the event of bankruptcy.
- When required by law
- DefiClimate will share information with government agencies as required by law in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements and, including without limitation, in connection with reporting earnings. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), or, at the request of governmental authorities or other third parties conducting an investigation where we determine in our sole discretion the disclosure is necessary to (a) protect the property and rights of DefiClimate or a third party, (b) protect the safety of the public or any person, or (c) prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or pose a risk of being, illegal, fraudulent, unethical or legally actionable activity. We may also use Device Identifiers to identify DefiClimate Users, and may do so in cooperation with third parties at our discretion.
- With your Consent
- You may submit Personal Information to us through a form on the Website and consent to receive communication from us or our business affiliates and non-affiliates based on the information in the form.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
- We may also use aggregated information or information that otherwise cannot be used to identify an individual such as Health Information to further tailor the content on our Services as well submit such information for research and publication. For example, we may use answers to our survey questions to better understand our users’ goals and habits.
Your Rights And Choices Regarding Your Information
You have several ways to exercise control over your information:
- Account Settings:
- Registered DefiClimate users may access, update or delete their personal information by accessing the applicable feature in their Account settings.
- Registered DefiClimate users may also update their choices regarding the types of communications they receive from us through the online Account settings.
- E-Mail: You also may opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of the Service (for example, administrative and service announcements) via email and other means and these transactional account messages may be unaffected if you opt-out from receiving marketing communications.
- Contact Us: You may contact us to access, update or delete your personal information by contacting us.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), DefiClimate is a data controller. European residents may access, rectify or delete their personal information via their online account settings as described above. Additionally, European residents may contact the Privacy Officer to access, correct, update or delete your personal information; object to our processing of this information, ask us to restrict our processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information.
Upon request, DefiClimate will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information. If you submit a request to access all personal information you’ve submitted, we will respond to your request to access within 30 days or as otherwise required by law.
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your requests for deletion; however, certain residual information may actively persist on the Service even if you close your account. In addition, the rights described above may be limited, for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal personal information about another person, or if you ask us to delete information we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping (such as for fraud prevention purposes). Your Personal Information may remain in our archives and information you update or delete, or information within a closed account, may persist internally for our administrative purposes, to the extent permitted by law. It is not always possible to completely remove or delete information from our databases. In addition, we typically will not remove information you posted publicly through or on the Service. Bear in mind that neither you nor DefiClimate can delete all copies of information that has been previously shared with others on the Service. If your information is deleted, then your account may become deactivated. If your account is deactivated or you ask to close your account, you will no longer be able to use the Services.
Please note that our Services require a minimum amount of Personal Information in order to function. European residents who do not provide Personal Information (e.g., by not filling out a profile) may not be able to access the full functionality of features found on DefiClimate.
If you are a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides you with additional privacy rights with respect to our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information, including:
- The right to know what Personal information we have collected and how we have used and disclosed that Personal Information in the 12-month period preceding your request;
- Please see the above section within this Policy titled INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT, to see the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- Please see the above sections within this Policy titled HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION and HOW WE DISCLOSE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION, to see applicable use and disclosures of your Personal Information.
- The right to request deletion of your Personal Information, and;
- Please see the above section within this Policy titled YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
- The right to be free from discrimination related to the exercise of any of your privacy rights.
- We do not discriminate against California residents who exercise their privacy rights.
- The right to opt out of the sale of your personal information, and to request information about whether we have sold your personal information in the past 12 months.
- We do not sell Personal Information to third parties.
For more information on the CCPA and your California Privacy rights, please see our CA Privacy Notice.
Our Services are hosted and offered in the United States of America (US), and are subject to US federal, state, and local law. If you are accessing the Services from another country, please be advised that you may be transferring your personal information to us in the US, and you consent to that transfer, processing and storage of your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice. You also agree to abide by the applicable laws of applicable US federal, state, and local laws concerning your use of the Services and your agreements with us. Any persons accessing our Services from any jurisdiction with laws or regulations governing the use of the Internet, including the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information, different from those of the jurisdictions mentioned above may only use the Services in a manner lawful in their jurisdiction. If your use of the Services would be unlawful in your jurisdiction, you may not use our Services.
We use physical, technical and organizational measures designed to protect your information against unauthorized access, theft and loss. We restrict access to your personal information to those employees who need to know that information to service your account or perform their job functions.
Although we take precautions intended to help protect information that we process, no system or electronic data transmission is completely secure. Any transmission of your personal data is at your own risk and we expect that you will use appropriate security measures to protect your personal information.
You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and the information in your account. We may suspend your use of all or part of the Services without notice if we suspect or detect any breach of security. You understand and agree that we may deliver electronic notifications about breaches of security to the email address on record on your account.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Website);
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them)
- Whether retention is advisable; and considering our legal position (such as, for statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
Links To Other Sites
Changes To This Policy
How To Contact DefiClimate